Tuesday, November 25, 2008

John's First Day of School

My name is Jackie, and I am John's big sister. I was 22 years old when John was born. When the boys were around 4 and 5 our mom was working nights as a nurse so John and Joshua (our "little" brother) would spend the night at my home. When John was getting ready to start kindergarten my husband and I had three kids. You can imagine how much fun we had with five kids in the house (John, Ben, Joshua, Zack, and Christina.) Mom had to work the night before John's second day of school so he stayed with us. Robert, my husband, went in to wake John up so he could get ready for school. He gently shook him and said, "John, it's time to get ready for school." John rolled over and looked at Robert with a very confused expression on his face. Then he said, "I went to school yesterday, I'm done." He thought going to school was a one day event. He learned a lot that day! - Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment